We aim to work in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 where possible.
This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us with when you use Minerva Technical products and services.
Our website contains links to other websites, which may well have different privacy and security policies to us. Please remember, we don’t have any control over these websites, so we can’t take responsibility for any information you give them.
What information do we collect?
This is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with Minerva Technical services and information, and to improve them even more, where we can:
- Contact details such as name, address, email and telephone number.
- In order to help us develop and improve our website we collect information about how you use the site. This includes details of your domain name and Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, how long you stayed on a page, the route you took to navigate through the pages and the website that you visited prior to accessing our site.
- Other data we occasionally ask you to provide us with, for example now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
Using your information
Collecting this information helps us better understand what our clients need from the www.minervatech.co.uk website. The main uses of your data are:
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the services and information.
- To send you details of services, information, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you.
However, we hate junk mail as much as you do so it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we may provide information about you:
We will not pass on your personal information to third parties except in accordance with this policy and our Terms and Conditions or where we are required by law to disclose that information.
Marketing our products and services
Subject to your consent, Minerva Technical may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax with information about relevant services and information (including discounts and special offers). We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
However, if you no longer wish to receive such information from us, please contact us via the Contact page on this website. Remember that if you say you do not wish to receive any promotional material from us, this will preclude you from receiving any of our special offers or promotions which may be of interest to you.
What is a cookie?
Cookies have many uses, such as letting you navigate between pages quickly, storing your preferences, and generally improving your visit to the website. Cookies are designed to make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier.
Cookies can be set in two ways, either by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’ such as an advert being pulled in from another website).
What is inside a cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server can access and read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences, log in details or what’s in your shopping basket.
What to do if you don’t want cookies on your computer or mobile device?
Some people find websites storing and accessing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third-party website without their consent. Although this is usually harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website. To turn off cookies, please consult the Help file contained within your web browser.
Environmental policy statement
Minerva Technical take their impact on and responsibilities to the built and natural environment very seriously. As a manufacturing organisation we also recognise that our impact will be greater than some and consequently employ systems and procedures that ensure compliance obligations are met relating to the environment.
We too want our children to be able to grow up in a world where the air is clean, the supply of water is plentiful and the extinction of various animal species and fish is consigned to the history of mankind.
In order that we take a responsible approach to our small part of these very large global issues, we secure where possible:
- Fully sustainable materials sourced through traceable routes of origin and ethical manufacture.
- We monitor the market place regularly to maintain this philosophy.
- The dry waste that we generate is always kept to the bare minimum and where possible recycled for use in house on future projects.
- Any waste that has to be removed from the Minerva Technical facility is done ethically through a licensed waste management organisation.
- Provide employee training to enhance environmental awareness of our employees; this ensures environmental issues are considered when managing our premises and planning, implementing and undertaking all projects.
- Promote a sustainable approach to business, in partnership with our clients and other stakeholders by conserving energy, minimising consumption, preferring low pollution materials, maximising efficiency and implementing the Waste Management Hierarchy.
- Ensure that we integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.